Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It sure is ad hominem in here

So in between writing my final essays for the semester I checked my twitter and noticed some comments from Jeff “smeagol” dickinson talking mad shit on my shitty blog that keekerdc re-posted on his own. And while I value the opinions of more veteran members of the community - especially those which left the scene after everyone said how much they fucking hated the guy - it’s kinda ironic that he didn’t even bother to read the “about me” section of this blog. Or even the subtext of the title of it - I'm a nobody. A wannabe journalist. Someone who hasn’t been inside the major organizations and haven’t been around for their founding(although i did watch some of them rise and fall as well as read books about them). If i left the scene tomorrow nothing of value would be lost. I'm surprised anyone even reads this blog. I'm even more surprised that Keekerdc does.

So it’s ironic really - me, the nobody who is trying to do something for the scene - is getting criticised by somebody who was important at one time that hasn’t really done shit for the last 4 years since he didn’t join the CGS(which was a good call all things considered) with djWHEAT.

I’d like him to write comprehensive history of these scenes if he can - because i have on hand is old gotfrag/hltv/sk-gaming articles and interviews along with the extremely bias gameboys (that barely covers compLexity and 3D factually) as sources i can cite.

So basically this is my final statement: I’m a nobody who is trying to do some objective “journalism”(if you can call it that), while I'm getting criticised by some guy that hasn’t done anything....for trying to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment